Responsible sourcing is important to us
Aligned to our business vision of creating a shared value for our stakeholders, our Responsible Sourcing Standard for Suppliers defines minimum sustainability requirements and decent work principles required by suppliers to Thungela. Within our business, the commitment to responsible sourcing prioritises ethical decision making when purchasing goods and services.
Thungela expect suppliers to meet all applicable laws – and share our commitment to improve people’s lives, society and our environment. Suppliers are a critical part of our business and includes providers of goods and services to Thungela and its subsidiaries, all agents, contractors, and customers.
At Thungela, we have defined ‘5 Responsible Sourcing Pillars’, these contain important conditions for doing business with us:
1. Protect safety and health: Suppliers must protect the safety and health of their workforce
2. Protect our environment: Suppliers must demonstrate protection of the environment
3. Respect labour and human rights: Suppliers shall respect all labour and human rights through their value chain
4. Contribute to thriving communities: Suppliers shall contribute to our objectives for thriving communities
5. Conduct business fairly and with integrity: Suppliers must conduct business with the utmost integrity and always act in a proper manner, fairly and lawfully
For more information, Please find more information on the Responsible Sourcing Standard for Suppliers